WP Cycling is able to share with you the first events for the 2017 calendar. We have applied for and awaits event permission from the City events office. The first 7 events are:
- 11 Feb 2017 – 99’er – Road Race. The 99’er is a new addition to the calendar and WPCA look forward to building a solid relationship with the organisers of the event. Cyclist times will count towards their WP seeding for the rest of the league season and will also score points towards the leader board.
- 18 Feb 2017 – Saldanha Bay/Sports Trust – Road Race. 130km for Cat 1 and 2, 80km for Cat3 and all scholars. All youth riders of 18 or younger ride for free.
- 5 March 2017 – Century City – Criterium Race. The event is hosted as part of the annual Century City Sports Festival. Cycling is just one of the events hosted by the center during that weekend and it is a technical circuit with cobble stone sections.
- 26 March 2017 – The Lady Loch Circuit near Wellington – Road Race. The 4 hills along the 12.6Km circuit always make for a challenging race.
- 2 April 2017 – Big Bay – Circuit Race. A new race in the Big Bay area close to the Seaside Village shopping centre.
- 22 April 2017 – Red Hill – Road Race. A road race via Red Hill through Simon’s Town over Smitswinkel.
- 29 April – 1 May 2017 – 3 Day Stage Road Race – Durbanville. WPCA will be hosting a 3 day stage race at the end of April just starting just past the R312 and R304 intersection to wards Wellington. There will be team categories and day one will start with a TT prologue in the morning.
The road season will then continue towards the end of July. Updates of the additional events will be available on the WPCA website.
Comments are closed.