The Western Province Mountain Bike Commission (WPMTBC) will hold a special general meeting as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 14 October 2014
Location: Totius Primary School, Belville.
The formal procedure of the Special General Meeting will be as follows:
- The awarding of Regional Colours (Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands) and Provincial Colours for XCO and DHI;
- The selection of office bearers for the WPMTBC. The positions up for selection are as follows:
- Commission Secretary
- Downhill Representative
- x2 XCO Event Coordinators
- x2 DHI Event Coordinators
- Track Commissaire
- Race & Technical Commissaire
- Internet & Social Media Sponsorship
The constitution calls for the election of these office bearers at an Annual General Meeting within three months of the commencement of the financial year. This requirement is therefore only due to take action according to statute, between 01 March 2015 and 31 May 2015. As it is the end of the XCO and DHI season, the current committee members thought it would be appropriate to go through this process, considering it is the first active year of the WPMTBC. The process is open to all. Nominations can be brought forward at the Special General Meeting, where-after the approved nominations will be subjected to a vote. Please note that all is done on a volunteer basis, without volunteers to occupy the committee, provincial races would not be possible; neither would provincial colours.
Once duly formed, the newly constituted committee will continue the Special General Meeting with the following agenda items:
- Presentations on proposed venues for Western Province XCO and DHI races in 2015 and proposed venues for the South African National XCO and DHI Championships in 2015.
- A separate notice in this regard will be sent to the database and posted onto the website (http://wcmtb.co.za/)
- The meeting will commence with this item to enable those who are not committee members to exit early.
- Invoicing of events to be sanctioned by Cycling South Africa (CSA) in the Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands
- Fee structure
- Sponsorships for 2015
- Confirmation of event dates for Western Province Series and National Championships in 2015
- Approval of financial statements
- Amendments to the constitution
- Follow up with Cycling South Africa (CSA) Indaba
- Age regulations according to UCI
- Race commissaires operating at Cycling South Africa sanctioned races
- Super Series
- Weekend of racing, including Olympic disciplines of MTB, Road, Track, BMX, Para and potentially DHI (not an Olympic discipline)
- The potential of the WPMTBC hosting such an event